Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Kuih Kodok (Malaysian-Style Fried Banana Fritters)

This is what happens when no one is eating the banana on the table:
At least the banana is not wasted. Makes a great tea-time snack. Fast to make and good to taste. 


INGREDIENTS:

  • 3 big ripe bananas
  • 1 1/2 cup flour
  • 1 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
  • Some water
  • Oil for deep frying

METHOD:

  1. Break the bananas (with hands) into small pieces and put them into a bowl. 
  2. Add flour, brown sugar, and some water. Use a big spoon and stir the ingredients so they are well blended.
  3. Heat up a frying pan and add some cooking oil for deep frying. Once the oil is heated, scoop up a spoonful of batter into the frying pan. Try to “shape” the batter so it’s somewhat round. Deep fry until golden brown.
  4. Serve hot with tea.

7 comments:

  1. Yummy banana fritters...looks delish

    Pushpa @ simplehomefood.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful looking fritters, prefect for evening snacks with a cup of hot tea..

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have an award in my blog.
    http://epicureansdelight.blogspot.com/2010/10/sunshine-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on being featured. you have anice space
    http://shanthisthaligai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I make this too! Never say no to this banana fritters!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a universal favourite,almost all communities make this snack,I for instance am a Bengali and this was my childhood favourite. I came acrossyour blog in the Budding Blogger series and realized it is all about vegetarian cooking without onion and garlic and you will be surprised to learn that Bengali vegetarian food has no onion and garlic.I have just started my blog based on my mum's cooking and as I go along I plan to feature these recipes, so please pay an occasional visit to my blog:www.itistastyma.blospot.com

    ReplyDelete